A. Eligibility Criteria
1. A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed) by a recognized University.
2. A Ph. D. Degree in concerned/ allied/relevant discipline(s) in
the institution concerned with evidence of published work.
3. P r o f e s s o r / A s s o c i a t e Professor with a total service/ experience of at least fifteen years of teaching/research/ administration in Universities, colleges and other institutions
of higher education.
4. A minimum of 10 research publications in peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals.
5. A minimum of 110 Research Score as per Appendix-II,
Table 2 (UGC Guidelines of 18th July, 2018).
6. A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance
Indicator (API) based on Performance Based Appraisal in Appendix-III for direct recruitment of Professors in
7. A relaxation of 5% shall be provided at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master’s level for the candidates belonging
to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/Differently able (Physically and visually differently able) for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment. The
eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only or the qualifying marks without including any grace marks
8. A relaxation of 5% may be provided, (from 55% to 50%
of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
9. A principal shall be appointed for 5 years under contractual basis
Upper age limit of 55 years as per prescribed rules as on the
date of application as per Govt. notification no. AHE/45/2019/
2 dtd. 25.02.2019.
10. A Principal shall be appointed for a period of five years.
B. Pay Scales, Pay Fixation and Age of Superannuation.
Pay Scales as per 7th Central Pay Commission notified by the Government of India.
How to apply-
Application should be submitted to President, Governing Body within 20 days from the date of publication of this advertisement along with a demand draft of Rs.3000.00 (Rupees Three Thousand
only) drawn in favour of Principal i/c, Barpeta Girls’ College, Barpeta,Assam
Sd/- President, Governing Body
Barpeta Girls’ College
P.O. & Dist: Barpeta (Assam)